Whether you call it ECO, EARTH FRIENDLY, GREEN, ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE, ETHICAL, ALTERNATIVE, VEGETARIAN OR ORGANIC, Bunk House Inn is a simple, cozy retreat nestled within the canyon walls of Zion in the Virgin River Valley. Surrounded by orchards, pastures, and majestic red cliffs, our home offers a quiet, peaceful atmosphere and a low-impact consciousness. And we are now SOLAR-POWERED. We are 10 minutes from Zion National Park and 2 1/2 hours from Las Vegas, in Southwestern Utah, which is a part of the Colorado plateau, and along the Grand Circle tour of Utah National Parks. Bryce Canyon and Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument are within 2 - 3 hour drive from us. If you enjoy rural touring, there are many backcountry roads all around us. Come REJUVENATE and RECHARGE among the peaks of Zion while we REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE.Rooms and rates
We are "low-impact"; dedicated to conservation, recycling, co-ops, credit unions, organic growing, and sustainability. We recently installed solar panels to supply 80% of our power. Evenings you may find us drying or bottling our organic fruit, shelling nuts, or even darning socks! We are dedicated to EarthCare. Please click our link to see what we are doing to REDUCE, REUSE, & RECYCLE.
Call us or email us:1-435-772-3393 firstname.lastname@example.org
by using water saving faucet attachments, and shower heads.
We heat your water with solar hot water panels and have replaced most of our appliances with Energy Star appliances.
We use recycled paper products in our office, kitchen and bathrooms.
We remodeled our front porch using 100 year old reclaimed wood from the Great Salt Lake railroad trestle.
paper, metal, plastics, glass and cardboard. Recycling is a fairly recent Blu Can Recycling service.
(Before that we had a local volunteer group that drove our recyclables to Las Vegas periodically.)
Bunk House has solar panels to produce 80% of the energy we use. The other 20% is clean renewable wind power.
Bunk House adopted 2 miles of Highway 9 west of Rockville to pick up trash along the road.
We use ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE CLEANING PRODUCTS from the detergent your linens are washed in to the soap in your bathroom.
We use cloth shopping bags and we wash and reuse plastic produce bags.
We have recarpeted with PET recyled pop bottle carpet and pad.
We SERVE our own ORGANIC fruit, and jams.
We BUY LOCALLY GROWN AND ORGANIC whenever possible.
Bunk House Inn at Zion is located in the heart of Color Country. Listed below are many area attractions within a 1-2 hour drive.
Zion Canyon is home to a thriving artist community featuring works by composers, potters, painters, photographers, sculptors and writers. Many of their works can be found in area shops.
What else to Do
Hiking -- Biking -- Walking -- Touring -- Boating -- Fishing -- Horseback Riding-- Relaxing -- Shopping -- Golfing -- Photography -- Bird Watching
What else to See
Zion Forever-Zion Canyon Field Institute - seminars on various aspects of Zion National Park and the desert southwest.
Grafton Ghost Town 15 Minutes
Huntsman World Senior Games October of each year, St George, 45 minute drive
Tuacahn Theater World-class entertainment and arts center with summer festival of theater. Tickets, location, shows, and dinner theater information 1 hour drive
Zion Factory Stores - located in the town of St. George 45 minutes away.
Silver Reef Museum located off I15, a quick 45 minutes drive.
Snow Canyon State Park, 1 hour
Area Golf Courses within 1 hour drive
Tony Award winning Southern Utah Shakespearean Theater 1 hour drive
Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park - 1 hour. Off Highway Vehicles allowed in some parts of park. Coral Pink Sand Dunes is the perfect name for this state park, located off US 89. Open all year, the park is a wide-sweeping expanse of coral-colored sand, drifted into dunes just begging to be climbed.
Pipe Spring National Monument - 1 hour drive
Brian Head Ski and Biking Resort - 1 1/2 hours
Duck Creek Village, 1 1/2 hours
Cedar Breaks National Monument - 1 1/2 hours. Carved into the western edge of the 10,400 foot-high Markaqunt Plateau is an amphitheater of colorful spires and columns. It plunges 2,500 feet deep as it scoops away three miles of the green alpine meadows, revealing various shades of red, purple and yellow rib-boned through the eroded limestone.
Kodachrome Basin State Park - 2 hours. Unique spires and chimneys called sand pipe intrusions jut up from the valley floor creating a surrealistic setting. Their colors change during the day and they seem to glow at sunrise and sunset.
Bryce Canyon 2 hour drive
Panguitch Lake 2 1/2 hour drive
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Lake Powell) 3 1/2 hour drive