Bunk House at Zion Bed & Breakfast--EarthCare

(formerly Serenity House)

WE REDUCE and REUSE

by using cloth shopping bags, washing and reusing our plastic produce bags

by using water saving faucet attachments, shower heads, and soaker hoses

by heating only the hot water we are using

by replacing all of our appliances with Energy Star appliances

by using recycled paper products in our office, kitchen and bathrooms

we recently remodeled our front porch using 100 year old reclaimed wood from a Salt Lake railroad trestle

WE RECYCLE

Locally we can recycle aluminum cans, newspapers, cardboard, food cans, & #2 plastic bottles.

Glass, paperboard, junk mail, office paper, other aluminum and mixed plastics that we used to have to drive to Las Vegas ourselves are being picked up by a new local recycling service.

WE CARE FOR YOUR ENVIRONMENT and OURS.

We have solar panels to produce 80% of the energy we use. The other 20% is clean renewable wind power.

Bunk House has adopted a portion of the highway west of Rockville.

We use ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE CLEANING PRODUCTS from the detergent your linens are washed in to the soap in your bathroom.

We have recarpeted with PET recyled pop bottle carpet and pad.

We grow, bottle, dry and sell our own ORGANIC FRUIT & NUTS.

We BUY LOCALLY GROWN AND ORGANIC whenever possible.

We SERVE our own ORGANIC fruit, jams, and baked goods.

Additional links of interest.

www.greenpages.org

 

Your Hosts: The Ortons
Zion Bunk House Bed & Breakfast
Meg-N-Bo Enterprises
149 E. Main Street
P.O. Box 630146
Rockville, Utah 84763-0146

Tel. (435) 772-3393

Mountain Time Zone

Email us at: ReduceReuseRecycle@bunkhouseatzion.com
email checked daily